Student Projects 2016-2017:
1. Allison Albright, Faustin Mwambusta, G. Kane Jennings. Mechanism of photocurrent generation in photosystem I films. May 2016 – October 2016.
2. Mario Avaldi, Erin Rericha. Onset of cell polarity in Dictyoselium iscoideum. January 2016 – September 2016.
3. Navin Balaji, Jeffrey Nyman, Sasidhar Uppuganti. Effect of bound water on femoral trabecular bone strength. September 2016 – April 2017.
4. Zachary Bednarke, Roman Buniy, Thomas Kephart. The Beltrami equation for perfect fluids in the Minkowski spacetime. January 2016 – April 2017.
5. Babatunde Bello, Madeleine S. Durkee, William Cox, Christina Marasco, John P. Wikswo. Modeling oscillatory chemical signals for chemiluminescent reactions in microfluidic mixers. May 2016 – April 2017.
6. Cole Carlin, Haneesha Paruchuri, Christina Marasco. Enhancing spatial cognition with virtual reality. May 2016 – April 2017.
7. Joseph Coombe, Mike Myers. C.H.E.S.S. Commercial Prototype Design, Assembly, and Testing. May 2016 – August 2016.
8. James Cooper, Dylan Burnette, Aidan Fenix. Sarcomere alignment in HCM mutations. September 2016 – April 2017.
9. Will Cox, Babatunde Bello, Christina Marasco, John P. Wikswo. Heterodyne chemistry. May 2016 – October 2016.
10. Kevin Cyr, Jennifer Colby, Christina Marasco. Breaking the diagnostic barrier: A paper-based rheological flow assay for simplified sickle cell diagnosis. Fall 2014 – April 2017.
11. Somtochukwu Dimobi, Kameron Kilchrist, Thomas Werfell, Craig Duvall. Validation of a galectin-8 reporter as a measure of nanocarrier endosomal escape and biologic drug intracellular bioavailability. May 2016 – April 2017.
12. Sophia Druffner, William Holmes. Rho-family GTPases: Creating a unifying principle to determine cell polarity, shape, and behavior. May 2016 – April 2017.
13. Jad El Harake, Charles Caskey. Aberration Correction for Transcranial Focused Ultrasound. September 2016 – April 2017.
14. Iyana Gray, Monica Moran, Aaron Bowman, Diana Neely. The effect of methylmercury on ubiquitin-E1 interaction and microtubules. May 2016 – August 2016.
15. Samantha Heller, Lauren Beach. Defining the impact of SGM status disclosure on health outcomes to ensure equity (DISCLOSE). September 2016 – April 2017.
16. Attiyya Houston, Christina Marasco. Public health within the realm of device design. May 2016 – August 2016.
17. Amy Hwang, Christina Marasco, Jonathan Ehrman, Sean Bedingfield. Generating a robust, cohesive health platform via mortality data. September 2016 – April 2017.
18. Choongwon Jin, David Cliffel, Adam Travis. CD4-mimetic gold nanoparticles as proposed alternatives to HIV-1 broadly neutralizing antibodies for low resource diagnostics and entry inhibitors. September 2016 – April 2017.
19. Stephen Lee, Udochukwu Obodo, Katherine Friedman. Using CRISPR/Cas9 to determine the role of Rifl in DNA end-processing during non-homologous end joining in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. May 2015 – April 2017.
19. Danielle Liu, Craig Duvall, Sean Bedingfield. Polymeric Emulsions for Intracellular Nucleic Acid Delivery. January 2017 – April 2017.
20. Kelly McGee, Louise Barnett, Cindy Hager, Mark Pilkinton, Spyros Kalams. An analysis of T-regulatory lymphocyte population differences with viSNE. May 2016 – August 2016.
21. Meghan Montgomery, Fionna Harrison. The Effects of Low Ascorbate and Induced Seizures seen in an Alzheimer’s Mouse Model. January 2017 – April 2017.
22. Foard Naumann, Charles Caskey, Tony Phillips. Improving Infrared Neural Stimulation of Thalamocortical Brain Slices and Cone-shaped transducer heads for ultrasound focusing. September 2016 – April 2017.
23. Chuong Nguyen, John Wilson. Exploring phase behavior of PEG-grafted polyelectrolytes for intracellular drug delivery. January 2017 – April 2017.
24. Tanner Nelson, John P. Wikswo, Dmitry Markov. Designing a heads-up dribbling reminder device for soccer players. September 2016 – December 2016.
25. Omar Omar, Wael El-Rifai. Role of TFF1 in suppressing pro-oncogenic signaling. May 2016 – April 2017.
26. Haneesha Paruchuri, Christina Marasco, Dmitry Markov, John P. Wikswo. Modeling flow in a blood-brain barrier on a chip using COMSOL. January 2016 – December 2016.
27. Michael Ripperger, Colin G. Walsh. Enabling prospective analysis of care redesign with reCAP, The REal-Time Care Analysis platform. May 2016 – April 2017.
28. Matthew Rogers, Tammy Sobolik, David Schaffer, Philip Samson, John P. Wikswo, Ann Richmond. Engineered microfluidic bioreactor for examining the three-dimensional breast tumor microenvironment. September 2013 – April 2017.
29. Bowen Shaner, Kristy Walsh, Mark Palmeri, Brett Byram. A low-cost device for quantifying tissue stiffness with ultrasound. May 2016 – April 2017.
30. Jarrod Shilts, Kendal Broadie. Matrix metalloproteinase regulation by TIMP instructs synaptic development in Drosophila. May 2015 – April 2017.
31. Nikita Thomas, Marija ZanicThe incorporation of microfluidics to study the effect of tubulin concentration on microtubule dynamics. January 2015 – April 2017.
32. Nitya Venkat, Christina Marasco, Douglas Fisher. Rubber hand illusion: Stimulus quality, temporal synchrony and the visual – tactile binding window. January 2017 – April 2017.
33. Micahael Umenta, Christina Marasco, Douglas Fisher. Narro: A smarter way to search (machine learning solutions to choice paralysis applications). January 2016 – April 2017.
34. Jason Wang, Leon Bellan, Shannon Faley, Brian O’Grady, Jung Bok Lee, Emma Hollmann. 3D culture of human, iPSC-derived brain microvascular endothelial cells in perfused hydrogels. September 2016 – April 2017.
35. Cassie Woolley, Ethan Lippmann, Jonah Rosch. Development of methodolodgy for performance of genetic knockouts. May 2016 – August 2016.
36. Yunhua Zhao, Erica Shannon, Andrea Page-McCaw, M. Shane Hutson. Calcium ion propagation from epithelial wound sites. May 2016 – December 2016.